Keeping Our People Safe
Our "Zero In On Safety" program and our participation in programs like the OSHA Build Safe Partnership Program have been important in helping us reach over 4,000,000 man-hours without lost time.
Our comprehensive safety program includes:
- Site specific safety plan (SSP). The SSP that each employee adheres to throughout each project includes general contractor and subcontractor safety meetings, and safety requirements that are written into subcontractor contracts, MSDS records, and local clinic instructions.
- Personal protective equipment. As a condition of employment, every MMC Contractors employee is required to use personal protective equipment required for the task assigned.
- Incentive-based safety program. To promote our safety program within our company, we have an incentive-based program utilizing man hours worked without having a recordable injury. The more hours an employee works without a recordable injury, the more points that person earns toward valuable awards.
- On-site Safety Manager. Our Safety Manager visits our projects on a regular basis to provide safety guidance, conduct inspections and ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Third-party safety consultant. To help keep us even more accountable, we have a third-party consultant visit all sites at least once during each project.