An Unparalleled Contracting Experience
Our goal at MMC Contractors is simple. We want to offer each client an unparalleled contracting experience. We do this by partnering with clients from the beginning stages of design to servicing their buildings long after construction is finished.
Because we strive to be construction innovators, we're constantly evaluating our business and adapting to meet the needs of our partners. Below you'll find a comprehensive list of the services we offer. You can view a specific service by clicking on one of the links below.
- New Construction
- Renovation and Retrofit
- Sustainability and Energy Services
- Facilities and Operations Services
The success of our projects depends first on making the right decisions during the pre-construction phase. The pre-construction team at MMC Contractors has the experience and the depth of resources to support all aspects of the pre-construction phase, from constructability reviews to value engineering.
We collaborate with our clients to provide pre-construction solutions that are proven time and again to be cost-effective and help get the job done on time and on budget. We look at every level of the planning phase to provide the best overall value and set a solid foundation for a safe and successful project.
We can provide the following pre-construction services to assist you with your next project:
- Constructability reviews
- Value analysis and value engineering
- Schedule development
- Document review and analysis
- Construction team building
- Procurement of long-lead items
- Cost studies and life cycle analysis
- Preliminary budget estimates and periodic updates
- Guaranteed maximum pricing (GMP) proposals
- Permits and licenses
- Validation support program
Integrated Project Delivery (IPD)
Owners and developers are seeing the value in IPD as a way to achieve lean construction that eliminates waste, cuts costs and improves productivity. A majority of our projects incorporate many IPD concepts, such as GMP, design/assist and team construction—where teamwork, target budgets, agreed upon scopes of work and mutually developed schedules are at the center of project success.
Through our work incorporating IPD principles, we have been able to:
- Manage scope creep
- Follow the schedule
- Control the quality, site logistics, methods and materials
- Conduct multi-trade module construction
- Coordinate structural design
We provide an extensive offering of pre-construction and construction services that are custom tailored to fit the individual needs of our clients. One of the benefits of being in business for over 75 years is that it has given us the opportunity to develop strong partnerships with owners, general contractors, suppliers and subcontractors across the country. These strong relationships have been instrumental to our success in the healthcare, pharmaceutical, energy, industrial and other commercial markets.
We can provide the following expertise to make sure your project is managed and constructed safely and efficiently.
- Work supervision
- Project management staffing
- Construction scheduling
- Preparation of shop drawings, materials and samples
- Cost control
- Project meeting facilitation
- Preparation of subcontracts and purchase orders
- Change order management
- Preparation of project logs
- Coordination of payment
- Validation documentation support
- Management of labor relations
- Quality control
- Coordination of move-in
- Certificates of occupancy
- Final close-out
- Constructability reviews
Renovation and Retrofit
While the bulk of our work is in new construction, we've completed hundreds of projects where we have removed and re-installed new plumbing, HVAC and process piping systems. These projects range from minor renovations of a room to the complete demolition of existing systems and retrofitting with completely new and more modern efficient equipment, ductwork and piping systems.
Many of our projects require additions to existing buildings to allow for customer growth and then the immediate renovation of existing spaces to adapt for other uses after they have moved into the new addition. Most of our experience with these types of projects is in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, commercial and industrial market sectors to meet continuing needs to improve and update their facilities.
To see a video showing our fabrication and BIM Capabilities, click here.
We hold "A", "PP" and "R" welding certifications. Through project pre-planning, we identify areas of piping, plumbing and sheet metal that can be pre-fabricated while other construction takes place. Our fab shops around the country have space for plumbers, pipe fitters and millwrights to prefabricate all phases of work.
Some of the fabrication that takes place in the shop includes equipment "skids" where pumps or other large pieces of equipment are pre-assembled with piping, valves and gauges attached. By building these equipment skids in the fab shop we are able to save on-site time and labor costs while controlling the quality at the same time. Once these skids are assembled, they're loaded onto flat bed trailers and trucked to the job site.
When working outside of our geographic areas, we establish on-site or nearby site fabrication facilities where our employees or subcontractors are able to produce quality segments of work that are racked and delivered to the construction site in time for installation. Through this process, we're able to control the environment, the quality and the production levels in our fab shops and increase productivity by lowering the crew sizes on the job sites.
Sustainability and Energy Services (LEED)
We're always building for the future. With that goal, we have an obligation to create a culture and environment that is economically vibrant, dynamic in its growth goals and contributes in a positive and meaningful way to our sustainable and healthy future. That's why we've made a sound commitment to environmental responsibility and sustainable practices in our industry.
Being a national plumbing, heating and air conditioning contractor gives us a great opportunity to have a real impact on not only our own building, community and environment, but those communities throughout the country where we work every day. Below are just a few of the "green initiatives" we've taken in an effort to make positive change.
- Become active in the green community. We've joined local energy and environmental committees such as the Kansas City Chamber of Commerce Climate Protection Partnership Program.
- Provide training and certification opportunities to our staff. To date, we have approximately 30 LEED Accredited Professionals working for our customers and on our jobsites.
- Institute a comprehensive recycling program. We've teamed with local companies to recycle our paper, cardboard, cans and e-waste including old computers, monitors, and printer cartridges.
- Implement a paperless accounting system. We've reduced paper consumption, decreased copier use and filing space all while streamlining business activity.
- Implement a waste reduction plan. In addition to our recycling programs, we've eliminated disposable cups in favor of mugs and beverage cups. We have also placed multiple water coolers in the office rather than bottled water.
- Evaluate how we can reduce waste streams at construction sites. We reduce construction site waste by following just-in-time delivery, lean construction, and LEED principles.
Check out our Industry Trends section for articles and links from construction partners and publications about sustainability and innovation.
Commissioning plays an important part in our Quality Assurance Program. Systems commissioning not only ensures the project's success but gives our customers an added layer of accountability and overall value.
Commissioning can provide a safe and healthful facility, optimize energy use, reduce operating costs, ensure adequate Q&M staff orientation and training, and improve installed building systems documentation.
Owners can benefit from commissioning through improved energy efficiency, improved workplace performance due to high quality environments, reduced risk from threats, and prevention of business losses. Additionally, owners will save money from reduced downtime and not having to correct deficiencies.
Facilities Operations and Maintenance Services
Beyond construction, we offer an array of mechanical services in HVAC, plumbing, process and high purity piping, sheet metal repair and equipment setting. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our Service group employs the best-trained professionals in the industry. To ensure continuous, round-the-clock service, each customer account is assigned a primary and secondary technician. To find our more, visit our Facility Service page.
Scientific equipment service is now offered out of our Omaha office. From ultra low temp freezers to environmental chambers, our qualified technicians have experience working in laboratories, pharmaceutical production areas, and hospital environments. Check out our full list of offerings by visiting our scientific equipment page.